Office Decommissioning in Chicago, IL
When a business rents an office space, the lease agreement typically stipulates that the tenant is responsible for leaving the office in the same condition as it was when they moved in. The process of returning the office space to its original condition is known as decommissioning.
Chicago Office Movers provides office decommissioning services to help businesses in the Chicago, IL area return their offices back to their original condition as stipulated by the landlord or property manager. Our professionals will help make sure that your office decommissioning satisfies the terms of your lease agreement.
Chicago Office Decommissioning Services
The exact terms of the decommissioning and what your landlord considers “as was” condition should be explained in your lease. Depending on what your company has done with the space, the decommissioning process could take some time.
Our decommissioning team includes the following:
- GSA Contract Holder
- Union Teamsters 705
- IOMI Certified
- Bonded, Licensed, and Insured
- SBA, MBE, and DBE Certified
Our professionals will help you through the decommissioning process with the following services:
- Meet with your landlord or property manager to understand the conditions of the decommissioning.
- Removal, liquidation or recycling of Warehouse racking and air handling systems
- Trash collection and removal
- Unwanted appliances are removed and disposed.
- Drywall damage repair
- Removal of hazardous chemicals: lead paints, asbestos, flammables, etc.
- Final walk through with your property manager to ensure all decommissioning terms are met.
- Project management-single source contact
- Furniture & fixture removal/recycling
- Furniture re-purposing
- Technology: cable removal, disconnect, wire pulling
- Cleaning: carpet, tile floor, restrooms, kitchens, warehouse floor, and more
- Light fixture, bulb and ballast replacements
- Replace damaged ceiling tiles, walls and floors
- Sign removal
- Patching and painting services
- E-waste recycling
- Document certified shredding
- Certified installer modular and electrified workstations
If you are moving your business to a new office or building, make sure your current space is decommissioned and returned to its original condition according to the terms in your lease. Our professionals at Chicago Office Movers can help businesses in the Chicago, IL area decommission their current spaces in the process of their move.
Give us a call at 312-244-2246 for more about our office decommissioning and other commercial moving services.
Related Office Moving Services:
Technology Disconnect & Reconnect
Short & Long-Term Storage