Office Decommissioning in Chicago, IL
When a business rents an office space, the lease agreement typically stipulates that the tenant is responsible for leaving the office in the same condition as it was when they moved in. The process of returning the office space to its original condition is known as decommissioning.
Chicago Office Movers provides office decommissioning services to help businesses in the Chicago, IL area return their offices back to their original condition as stipulated by the landlord or property manager. Our professionals will help make sure that your office decommissioning satisfies the terms of your lease agreement.
The exact terms of the decommissioning and what your landlord considers “as was” condition should be explained in your lease. Depending on what your company has done with the space, the decommissioning process could take some time.
Our professionals will help you through the decommissioning process with the following services:
- We will meet with your landlord or property manager to understand the conditions of the decommissioning.
- Remaining furniture, fixtures, and other equipment will be removed and liquidated or recycled.
- Communication and network cabling will be removed and disposed of. This includes cabling from the ceiling, walls, and floors.
- Warehouse racking and air handling systems will be removed and liquidated or recycled.
- All trash is removed and disposed.
- Unwanted appliances are removed and disposed.
- Office carpeting and tile flooring will be vacuumed.
- Concrete flooring and other hard surface flooring will be swept.
- Any damage to the drywall is repaired.
- Damaged ceiling tiles are replaced.
- We may work with a qualified company to remove materials that are hazardous to the environment including chemicals, lead paints, asbestos, and flammables.
- We will do a final walk through with your property manager to ensure all decommissioning terms are met.
If you are moving your business to a new office or building, you must make sure your current space is decommissioned and returned to its original condition according to the terms in your lease. Our professionals at Chicago Office Movers can help businesses in the Chicago, IL area decommission their current spaces in the process of their move.
Give us a call at 312-244-2246 for more about our office decommissioning and other commercial moving services.