Commercial Moving Jobs in Chicago, IL
Our Company is an innovation-led corporate office or industrial relocation firm specializing in reducing relocation downtime efficiently and effectively. You’ll be working alongside some of Chicagoland’s most well-respected management and sales team members and will have access to industry-leading technology as well as opportunities in the minority-certified space.
We offer GROWTH, OPPORTUNITY, GREAT BENEFITS, MODERN TECHNOLOGY and EQUIPMENT, and a FUN ATMOSPHERE!
Chicago Office Movers is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer including disabled and veterans. We are a union company with Teamsters 705. Our policy prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any protected characteristic.
CONTACT DAN BENSFIELD 847.621.5179
EMAIL US AT Dan@ChicagoOfficeMovers.com
Contact Dan Bensfield 847.621.5179
Chicago Office Movers has immediate openings for CDL A & B drivers.
We are a full-service moving company and this position involved loading, transporting, and unloading household goods. Our drivers are leaders for our moving crews and they interact with customers on a daily basis.
Growth opportunity available!
Must meet the requirements of a criminal background check, driving record, physical, drug screen, and all other rules/regulations as required by Federal, State and The Company.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Safely drive all company vehicles (owned or rented) as assigned.
- Perform pre-trip safety inspections on truck of moving equipment, interior and exterior of truck, straps and tensions, walk-boards and more.
- Lead crew in loading shipment on to. or off of truck and efficiently complete job assigned.
- May inspect shipment prior to loading for proper packing and/or wrapping
- Perform accurate inventory of shipment.
- Calculate charges and collect payment from shipper unless otherwise noted on paperwork or by supervisor.
- Must be proficient at packing and loading items on moving van in order to maximize capacity and eliminate any possibility of damage in transporting.
- Know all moving equipment and proper uses for each including dollies, four-wheelers, lift-gates, etc.
- Follow all safety procedures and policies set forth by the Company. Report all violations of such procedures and policies to supervisor.
- Provide and maintain superior customer service.
- Work with dispatch daily, in person or by phone as required to check work schedule unless otherwise directed by supervisor.
- Report to work promptly at dispatched time.
All other duties as assigned.
Specific Skills and Knowledge required:
- Ability to effectively communicate with fellow employees and/or customers.
- Must be willing to travel (local, interstate or intrastate)
- Ability to comprehend and implement oral instructions quickly.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Have comprehensive understanding of moving and storage operations including being proficient at packing and loading.
- Ability to be on time, reliable, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of DOT regulations / ELD logging systems.
Education and Experience:
- Required- High School Diploma or GED
- Required- Valid Driver’s license
- Required- Good driving record (will be verified)
- Required- Ability to meet background check standards
Compensation: Negotiable rates of pay
Chicago Office Movers is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer including disabled and veterans. Our policy prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any protected characteristic.
- Develop new corporate business opportunities utilizing referrals, local and professional networking, market research, etc.
- Engage and nurture high return outbound and inbound sales activities
- Create and deliver effective sales presentations
- Travel to corporate locations to conduct visual survey and provide accurate written estimate of services
- Deliver competitive pricing
Represent Chicago Office Movers at industry events and build professional relationships for new business
- Communicate with our Customer Care Team to ensure customer requirements and expectation are clearly defined for total customer service
- Utilize customer contact software for all sales activity
- Provide best-in-class customer service
- Proven track record of exceeding quota
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Develop and maintain customer relationships
- Outstanding time management
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Self-starter who excels at working independently
Corporate relocation experience is preferred; two to five years of direct sales experience; college education or equivalent.
Competitive Salary, Vacation, PTO, Health Care, 401k with company match and Growth Opportunity.
- Work SAFE using safety tools and equipment
- Communicate with team members while moving goods
- Use the Home Protection kit on all residential moves
- Push/pull, lift/carry, load and unload up to 100 lbs.
- Pack, Label and Unpack boxes/crates
- Pad/blanket wrap & shrink wrap goods
- Load and Unload goods to and from a truck including: up/down ramps, stairs, tight spaces and elevators
- No damaging goods or property
- Follow direction
- Work efficiently
- Spotting drivers backing into docks or parking spaces
- Secure ramps on trucks
- Become familiar with all safety and relocation equipment
- Set goods on dollies, hand-trucks or lifts
- Break down boxes and organize equipment in the truck
- Use moving equipment, power tools and hand tools
- Disassemble and reassemble furniture and equipment
- Behave professionally with customers and team members
- Attend continuous training for clearance or skills improvement
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Positive and Team Player Attitude
- High School degree or equivalent
- Read, write, and speak basic English
- Must meet company criminal background check standards
- Work flexible hours (early mornings, late nights & weekends)
- Possess a valid driver’s license *preferred
- Must follow all company policies and safety rules
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer